JenNet Protocol Stack
JenNet is a network protocol stack designed to work with our family of wireless microcontrollers and modules. JenNet allows wireless sensor networks to be easily built, from simple point-to-point cable replacement to complex tree networks.
JenNet supports star, tree and linear network topologies, and provides self-healing functionality for robust communication. Developed on the IEEE802.15.4 standard, which operates in the globally unlicensed 2.4GHz band, JenNet co-exists with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Interaction with JenNet is achieved via an easy-to-use 'C' programming interface.
This interface provides simplified access to all network functions, reducing the need for designers to understand the complexities of wireless networks.
- Available for JN5148 wireless microcontrollers and modules
- Available for JN5139 wireless microcontrollers and modules
- Based on IEEE802.15.4 MAC and PHY
- Supports Star, Tree and Linear topologies
- Recommended network size up to 500 nodes
- Automatic route formation and repair
- Network load balancing to avoid data throughput congestion
- Network re-shaping to reduce network depth
- Sleeping End Devices for extended battery life
- Leave Request function supports moving nodes
- End-to-end message acknowledgment
- Over-the-air download
- Statistics for network maintenance
JenNet network layer
- Manages: network formation, network discovery, network joining and repair, and sending/receiving packets to/from neighbouring nodes
- Easy-to-use and ideal for proprietary network topologies
- Small memory footprint
- Co-existence with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Reliable and robust communication
- Secure communication (128-bit AES encryption)
- Low-power operation for battery-powered end devices (typical up to 2 years)
- Cable replacement point-to-point
- Street lighting applications
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Remote control
- Building access control
- Security systems
- Active RF ID applications (e.g.asset tagging)